Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A small beer geek moment.

I am currently on a quick vacation trip to Chico. Why Chico one may ask?

Well for one I haven’t been to this part of California in like forever. And two it gives me an excuse to visit Sierra Nevada Brewing.

You know you are close to Sierra Nevada Brewing when you pass the experimental hop yard. The place is VERY large, although you might not realize that at first. The place is very spread out and no where seem cramped or crowed. Just stopped at the taproom restaurant today. Sampled a couple of the Audition beers, half pints in a dimpled mug were $2.75. The food was good, a slightly step above the usual good BrewPub food. The burger was fresh ground beef and the fries were cooked in fresh hot oil. Service was excellent, the waitress allowed be time with my first beer before asking if I wanted to order food. Going to try and go by for the tour tomorrow. I did have to stop in the gift store and limited my beergeek purchases to a Mouse pad and a nice metal bar bottle opener.

No comments:

Post a Comment