Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Missed beers???

As a certified (or is it certifiable?) beer geek/beer hunter, I am always amazed when I miss a beer that I sworn I have had before. I will search out new and obscure liquors stores, grocery stores, delis, gourmet shops etc in search of that beer I can say that I have yet to sample. As the number of beers I have sampled and rated grows to over 3700 it becomes harder and harder to find that "NEW BEER" to add to my list. Yet about once a year or so I find a beer that I missed. Sometimes its a beer like Miller Lite or Bud light or some other mass produced pale lager which I usually pass on by and try not to make eye contact with. Sometime its a fairly common English Ale or German Lager that I just missed for some reason. Every once in a while it something that make no sense that I missed. Beers like Anchor Porter and Sierra Nevada Pale Ale are two of the beer that make that list. The latest beer in that category is Moylans Kilt Lifter Scotch Ale. I have seen this beer on the shelves everywhere, and for some reason I keep passing on by. I guess I assumed because it was so common and easily available I had sampled it before. The mind works in weird ways, The commonplace and ordinary gets filtered out and we only notice the new and different. Ah well, guess I need to check my beer list more closely before I go beer hunting the next time. ...

No comments:

Post a Comment